I’m a full-time firmware engineer, currently working at Amazon Robotics. I earned my Masters in Computer Engineering in May 2019, with a focus on systems and software. Since then I’ve been working on safety firmware and building the common software platform our applications run on.
As a kid I was always math and science centric, and taught myself to program in junior year from C++ and C# tutorials. Still, my primary interest was Biology until I entered college and found my interests in bio-engineering put the “fi” in sci-fi.
My coursework in college varied from VLSI design, where I architected and laid out silicon for a content-addressable-memory, to distributed systems, where I implemented a self-recovering consensus-based database. I spent a lot of time in a high-performance computing research lab, and was exposed to a lot of co-processor based acceleration techniques.
Outside of work I enjoy working on personal projects, some tech-related, some other crafts such as bookbinding and model painting (I love 40k lore). I also read a lot, some of my favorite recent books have been the Red Rising series by Pierce Brown, a tale of genetically-induced class warfare across the solar system, and the Cosmere series by Brandon Sanderson, a galaxy-spanning tale of magic and morality.
Other than that I have a good collection of board games, and have an ongoing ongoing DnD campaign in a setting I’ve been developing for a year now. It’ll likely spin into me writing a book from my player’s adventures, I’m excited for that day to come!
Past ‘About Me’s
Past ‘Message of the Day’s
- 05/03/20 - Ransom Note
- 04/29/20 - Breaking down Subsum Equals K
- 04/11/20 - Revivifying the Blog
- 06/23/18 - Finals, Deluge, and mutable constness
- 06/14/18 - TLS at Home (and my Plex/Deluge setup!)
- 06/13/18 - GitLab Pages > GitHub Pages?
- 06/08/18 - Apt install on a Disconnected Wireless System
- 06/05/18 - Let's Encrypt HTTPS on DD-WRT
- 06/04/18 - Wake On LAN
- 02/13/18 - d3 Network Visualization
- 12/19/17 - Do You Wanna Build a HPC Cluster?: Part 2 - Users
- 12/14/17 - Jetson at Home
- 12/10/17 - A Better Github Pages Theme
- 12/07/17 - Do You Wanna Build a HPC Cluster?: Part 1 - Networking
- 12/04/17 - Counting Ones
- 11/30/17 - Computer Architecture for Dummies
- 10/10/17 - Acer Aspire & the UEFI Blues